Manager, Professional Billing office
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 19, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Senior Manager of
Professional Billing and Revenue Cycle, the Manager of Professional
Billing and Revenue Cycle will be the revenue cycle representative
between designated department(s), the Professional Billing office,
third-party vendors, and all other stakeholders, to proactively
identify opportunities to improve the revenue cycle and assist in
the resolution of issues. The individual will be responsible for
building and maintaining collaborative and productive relationships
within the organization, managing revenue cycle projects, and
driving performance. Professional revenue cycle expertise and
strong communication skills are required. Position: Manager,
Professional Billing Office Department: Professional Billing Office
Schedule: Full Time ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Represent the Professional Billing Office in the role as a
subject matter expert for revenue cycle items related to the
- Serve as a liaison to department and practice contacts to
ensure that the Professional Billing Office (PBO) is meeting
service levels and to address issues that may cause challenges to
meet service levels and KPIs.
- Work collaboratively with departments, practices and third
party billing vendor to drive organizational efficiencies and
alignment and to ensure processes and systems are standardized and
optimized for efficient and effective flow of patient accounts
- Identify areas of opportunity to apply process changes and/or
technology implementation/updates to optimize PBO performance.
- Manage implementation of standards and systems to enhance
quality, consistency, efficiency, and timeliness of
responsibilities for the enterprise; designing, develop, and
monitor performance improvement processes (e.g. quality, accuracy,
productivity and timeliness); identify continuous improvement
opportunities and manage productivity metrics and efficiencies
- Provide consistent monitoring, reporting, and communication of
department-specific trends and overall revenue cycle performance
for assigned department(s).
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with
assigned department(s) as well as other stakeholders within the
- Collaborate with the necessary team(s) to prepare standard
revenue cycle reports for the assigned department(s). Review and
analyze reports for identification of trends and issues.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the assigned department(s)
Administrative Directors and Physician Leaders to discuss revenue
cycle metrics, key trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Compile and distribute meeting minutes and action items.
Continue timely follow up of action items until resolved.
- Provide general oversight of third party billing vendor(s).
Develop a strong working relationship with assigned vendor Client
- Identify opportunities to improve revenue cycle and suggest
improvements to Professional Billing Office leadership and assigned
department(s). Work to institute improvements in a timely
- Monitor workqueue performance by all parties, including
department and third-party vendor.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of professional revenue
cycle operations to achieve increased collections, optimal billing
goals, and adherence to compliance rules and regulations.
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously, while keeping
priorities aligned with department and organizational goals.
- Conform to hospital standards of performance and conduct,
including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best
possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards. (The
above statements in this job description are intended to depict the
general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in
this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list
of accountable duties and responsibilities required). JOB
REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business / Healthcare
related field (or work experience equivalent). CERTIFICATES,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED : None EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-7
years related experience required. Specifically, experience in an
academic medical center managing professional billing functions. 3
- 5 years Epic system experience preferred KNOWLEDGE AND
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle functions,
including coding and billing guidelines, government payer
- Must have CPT coding knowledge.
- Working knowledge of payer reimbursement and rules.
- Experienced in auditing, training and communicating revenue
cycle regulations and concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to positively
interact with a variety of hospital personnel, including
administrative and management staff in a fast paced
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly skilled experience and knowledge of Windows-based
software required, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows,
Outlook, Excel and Access.
- Proficient skills to collect, organize and analyze data,
produce actionable reports and recommend improvements and
- Possess effective oral and written skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement regulatory standards.
- Working knowledge of multiple healthcare applications,
including but not limited to Epic.
- Possess effective time management skills to permit handling of
large workload. IND123
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Biloxi , Manager, Professional Billing office, Administration, Clerical , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!