Physician / Medical Director / Mississippi / Permanent / MD/DO - Medic
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Medical Director - Locum (1 month)
Get Away Today! Beaches, Fishing, Golf, History, MORE
The Community - Biloxi, MS
Biloxi is one of the oldest communities in the country, having
first been settled in 1699. Today, the city is a cultural melting
pot, with a year 'round schedule of celebrations, set against a
backdrop of sugar-white sand beaches, great deep-sea or freshwater
fishing, an array of championship golf courses, museums and
historic sites, tantalizing seafood restaurants, and the excitement
of 24-hour non-stop casino resorts.
Keesler Air Force Base
In early January 1941, Biloxi city officials assembled a formal
offer to invite the United States Army to build a base to support
the World War II training buildup. The War Department activated
Army Air Corps Station No. 8, Aviation Mechanics School, Biloxi,
Mississippi, on 12 June 1941. On August 25, 1941, the base was
dedicated as Keesler Army Airfield, in honor of 2d Lt Samuel Reeves
Keesler, Jr., a Mississippi native and distinguished aerial
observer, killed in action in France during the First World War.
Keesler AFB is one of the largest technical training wings in AETC,
with four training squadrons located in the training building
complex known as "the triangle, " the 334th, 335th, 336th, and the
338th. On average, Keesler has 4,700 students on base at a time.
Much of the training they receive is in the field of electronics,
such as wideband maintenance, ground radio, information technology,
We are looking for an experienced Medical Director to cover a one
month locum position at Keesler Air Force Base.
The duties of the Medical Director will include, but are not
- Direct and coordinate resident medical care.
- Monitor services in accordance with this contract.
- Participate in establishing policies, procedures and guidelines
for adequate and comprehensive services.
- Participate in in-service training programs.
- Serve as liaison to outside practitioners and treatment
- Participate in meetings, medical reviews and credentialing
- Plans and directs all aspects of an organization's medical
policies and programs.
- Responsible for strategic clinical relationships with
- Oversees the development of the clinical content in marketing
- Ensures all clinical programs are in compliance.
- Writes research publications to support clinical service
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
- Performs a variety of complex tasks.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to top management.
- The Contractor shall complete all work in accordance with this
Performance Work Statement and in accordance with all applicable
Federal, state and local laws, regulations and industry standards.
The Contractor shall comply with the standards set forth by the
Joint Commission (JC), Federal or accreditation regulations,
including but not limited to Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), American Medical Association (AMA), Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or AFRH specific
accreditation needs such as JC, CARF, CCAC, and IG.
- Works according to flexible scheduling needs in support of the
area assigned, as needed.
- The Medical Director is considered key and essential personnel.
As such, personnel shall be present and available to perform their
medical role during all periods of severe inclement weather and
other potential emergencies.
- The Contractor Medical Director will be assigned to a Disaster
Team function and may be required to be on board in a working
status before, during and immediately following any natural
disaster. The Medical Director shall remain on board until relieved
by the Healthcare Administrator or AFRH Director.
- Works in and/or supports all areas of healthcare services
Wellness Center, Assisted Living Plus, etc as needed.
- Requires a degree in medicine with at least 2-5 years of
- Possess and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac
Life Support (ACLS), maintain current certification in American
Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
- Possess current unrestricted license in one of the fifty
states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico,
Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
(ABIM) or the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) is
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Biloxi , Physician / Medical Director / Mississippi / Permanent / MD/DO - Medic, Executive , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!