3976 Project Manager Location Flexible Biloxi, MS and Mobile, Al Remote Options
Company: Keesler Federal Credit Union
Posted on: June 25, 2022
JOIN THE KEESLER FEDERAL TEAMKeesler Federal Credit Union team
members enjoy competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits,
some of which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and
Dependent Care expenses
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% match on the first 5%
contributed by you
- Paid Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement and Competitive Scholarships
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Benefits
WE CURRENTLY DO NOT SPONSOR WORK RELATED VISAS
Position: Project ManagerDepartment: Project Management
OfficeReports To: Senior Project ManagerFLSA: ExemptSUMMARYManages
projects through the entire project lifecycle. Effectively applies
project management methodology in planning and development of
project strategy to include defining project objectives, scope and
schedule. Works with Business Process Analysts and end users to
gather requirements, forms recommendations on possible
alternatives, and presents these alternatives to management to
determine an action plan. Works closely with Executive Sponsor and
Project Owner to ensure project objectives are met. Responsible for
managing designated timelines and ensuring issues are escalated
appropriately. Regularly produces and delivers project status
reports to project stakeholders. Communicates frequently with the
Sr. Project Manager, Director of Project Management, Executive
Management and leaders of other business units during project
assignments.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESNone.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manages the initiating, planning, executing and closing phases
of multiple projects simultaneously. May also manage Agile projects
in a Scrum Master capacity.
- Supervises the day-to-day aspects of assigned projects with
regards to scope, schedule, quality, budget and resources.
- Ensures projects complete within the project scope, budget and
- Works closely with Business Process Analysts and end users to
develop a detailed understanding of user needs, and defines
requirements for new or improved programs, processes or
- Works on complex business problems, analyzing and evaluating
current business methods and procedures for improvements.
- Consults with technical or functional experts at all levels to
ensure thorough requirements are captured.
- Works with various business unit leaders to develop high level
and detailed business requirements, workflows and other
deliverables to document business needs.
- Supports User Acceptance Testing with end users by helping
document test cases, leading end users through testing and triaging
any issues resulting from User Acceptance Testing.
- Assists in testing the solution.
- Supports the Training team by helping collect project
information and details from the project team to support end-user
training, including (but not limited to): processes, procedures,
workflows and/or screen shots that the Training business unit will
turn into training materials. May also help deliver training to end
- Executes required project management documentation on all
projects, including (but not limited to): project charter, scope,
schedule, requirements, test matrix, status reports and phase
reviews. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and
- Obtains appropriate level of approval for all project
documentation assigned to ensure understanding of expectations
among all project stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates project status and relevant project
information to the project team, Director of Project Management and
- Identifies resources needed and gains acceptance to build
- Coordinates the efforts of the functional business units and
with external vendors as required to ensure projects are completed
- Determines technical project requirements through planning with
IT team members and external vendors if applicable.
- Ensures project teams are progressing toward project milestones
and deliverables are being met according to the project plan and
within the established timeline.
- Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays, risks or
issues and initiates contingency plans.
- Uses documented change request procedures to handle variances
from the project plan.
- Facilitates project meetings and provides timely documentation
to the project team.
- Identifies and leads opportunities for project
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely manner.
- Cultivates and assembles cross-functional teams and committees
necessary to complete projects and obtain information to streamline
credit union processes and procedures.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal regulations
including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets
- Utilizes The Member Advantage AIDINC system to identify
potential member (internal or external) service needs which can be
met through the sale of credit union products and services, or
adherence to the department's policy and procedures.OTHER DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIESPerforms other duties and provides assistance
in other areas as needed.KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functionsEDUCATIONEquivalent
to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). EXPERIENCE AND
- Minimum of three years of similar or related experience leading
and directing project teams to deliver projects within the
constraints of the project specifications required.
- Familiarity with at least one project management tool (MS
Project, Sciforma, PPM Pro, JIRA, Basecamp, Workfront, etc.)
- Collaborates with the Senior Project Managers to ensure the
project management methodology is followed.
- Must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to view
both detail and big picture
- Experience working in the financial services industry
preferred; additional preference for prior experience in a credit
- Prior experience managing projects involving core systems
integrations and modifications. Familiarity with the Symitar Episys
and Jack Henry ancillary systems preferred.
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to business problems
and work well within a team environment.
- Excellent collaboration, influence, and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work well
- Must be able to perform all functions independently with
minimal supervision in a reasonable amount of time.
- Effectively work with external third parties to ensure accurate
and timely project completion.
- Defines and communicates project milestones, service level
agreements, and resource allocation to Sr. Management, department
heads, and end-users as needed.
- Must commit to continuing education and certification while in
this position.INTERPERSONAL SKILLSThe ability to motivate or
influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a
significant level of diplomacy and tact. Obtaining cooperation
(internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job, and
a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of
this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring
considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and
resolving issues that affect departments and business
- Experience with project and portfolio management software
- Comprehensive experience with office productivity software
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or must
possess the ability and motivation to obtain certification within
12 months of filling this role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile certification preferred.
- Change Management practitioner certification a plus.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
individual is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands
to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. The individual is occasionally required to stoop, kneel,
crouch or bend and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Extensive use of
desktop computer is required. The noise level is that of a normal
office environment.DECLARATIONThe Human Resources Department
retains the sole rights and discretion to make changes to this job
Keywords: Keesler Federal Credit Union, Biloxi , 3976 Project Manager Location Flexible Biloxi, MS and Mobile, Al Remote Options, Executive , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!