Physician / Medical Director / Mississippi / Permanent / MD/DO - Medic
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: October 30, 2018
MD/DO - Medical Director - Locum (1 month) Get Away Today! Beaches, Fishing, Golf, History, MORE
The Community - Biloxi, MS
Biloxi is one of the oldest communities in the country, having first been settled in 1699. Today, the city is a cultural melting pot, with a year 'round schedule of celebrations, set against a backdrop of sugar-white sand beaches, great deep-sea or freshwater fishing, an array of championship golf courses, museums and historic sites, tantalizing seafood restaurants, and the excitement of 24-hour non-stop casino resorts.
Keesler Air Force Base
In early January 1941, Biloxi city officials assembled a formal offer to invite the United States Army to build a base to support the World War II training buildup. The War Department activated Army Air Corps Station No. 8, Aviation Mechanics School, Biloxi, Mississippi, on 12 June 1941. On August 25, 1941, the base was dedicated as Keesler Army Airfield, in honor of 2d Lt Samuel Reeves Keesler, Jr., a Mississippi native and distinguished aerial observer, killed in action in France during the First World War. Keesler AFB is one of the largest technical training wings in AETC, with four training squadrons located in the training building complex known as "the triangle, " the 334th, 335th, 336th, and the 338th. On average, Keesler has 4,700 students on base at a time. Much of the training they receive is in the field of electronics, such as wideband maintenance, ground radio, information technology, avionics, cryptography.
We are looking for an experienced Medical Director to cover a one month locum position at Keesler Air Force Base.
T he duti es of the M edical Director will include, but are not limited to:
- Di r ect and coordinate resident medical care.
- M oni tor s ervices in accordance with this contract.
- P artici pate i n establishing policies, procedures and guidelines for adequate and comprehensive services.
- P artici pate i n in-service training programs.
- S erv e as li aison to outside practitioners and treatment organizations.
- P artici pate i n meetings, medical reviews and credentialing activities.
- Pl ans and di r ects all aspects of an organization's medical policies and programs.
- Res pons ible for strategic clinical relationships with physicians.
- Ov e r s ees the dev el opment of the clinical content in marketing materials.
- E ns ures al l clinical programs are in compliance.
- W r i te s r esearch publications to support clinical service offerings.
- F am ili ar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Reli es on ex tensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- P erf orm s a variety of complex tasks.
- Lead s and di rects the work of others.
- A wi de degree of c reativity and latitude is required.
- Ty pic all y reports to top management.
- T he Con tr actor shall complete all work in accordance with this Performance Work Statement and in accordance with all applicable Federal, state and local laws, regulations and industry standards. The Contractor shall comply with the standards set forth by the Joint Commission (JC), Federal or accreditation regulations, including but not limited to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Medical Association (AMA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or AFRH specific accreditation needs such as JC, CARF, CCAC, and IG.
- W o rk s ac c ording to flexible scheduling needs in support of the area assigned, as needed.
- T he M edic al Director is considered key and essential personnel. As such, personnel shall be present and available to perform their medical role during all periods of severe inclement weather and other potential emergencies.
- T he Contrac tor M edical Director will be assigned to a Disaster Team function and may be required to be on board in a working status before, during and immediately following any natural disaster. The Medical Director shall remain on board until relieved by the Healthcare Administrator or AFRH Director.
- W o rk s i n and/or s upports all areas of healthcare services Wellness Center, Assisted Living Plus, etc as needed.
- Requi r es a degree in medicine with at least 2-5 years of experience.
- Possess and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Possess current unrestricted license in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) is preferred. KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Biloxi , Physician / Medical Director / Mississippi / Permanent / MD/DO - Medic, Executive , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!