Area Manager (Food/Retail)
Company: Veterans Canteen Service
Posted on: February 4, 2019
The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) is seeking a dynamic, energetic and customer centric Retail & Food Multi-Unit Management Professional to join our Senior Management team.
The ideal candidate will possess decisive leadership, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong business acumen along with the ability to manage multiple business units including Retail, Food, Vending and Coffee shops in VA Medical Center of Care environments. All businesses are time sensitive points of service that require strong administrative and organizational abilities, while ensuring that the highest quality of service is provided our Veteran patients, visitors and VA employees.
Duties & Responsiblities
The incumbent will work in a developmental assignment under the leadership and mentorship of designated Area Managers. Incumbent is exposed to all aspects of duties and responsibilities associated with an Area Manager, e.g., operational/financial oversight, leadership, strategic planning, critical thinking and decision making, staff development, business management, presentations/briefings, balance scorecard, executive strategies and political influences, etc.
As an Area Manager, the incumbent will have direct oversight responsibility for an assigned group of VCS Canteens at VA Medical Center's, Domiciliary and Out Patient Clinics nationwide. In this capacity the incumbent is directly responsible for directing, analyzing, organizing, formulating, implementing, budgeting and administering operational activities, and providing necessary supervisory and technical support for his/her assigned region.
* Bachelor's degree in Business is preferred with a concentration in Retail, and/or Hotel & Restaurant Management.
* A minimum of 4 years of multi-unit operational management experience in Retail and/or Food experience with a proven track record for success.
* Operational oversight in personnel cost control, revenue and expense planning, profit & loss management, along with marketing and human resources recruitment experience is required.
* A thorough knowledge of multi-unit operating programs, practices and standards is highly desirable.
* Must interact and communicate effectively with senior executive level management officials within and outside the organization and the ability to lead and influence others to attain desired results.
* Must be willing to relocate anywhere within the United States, a signed mobility agreement required upon hire.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: VCS offers an excellent Federal retirement package, i.e., a defined pension plan, and 401K, health and life insurance, vacation & sick days, and ten paid holidays.
Position requires relocation to another geographic area outside of Biloxi, MS.
Keywords: Veterans Canteen Service, Biloxi , Area Manager (Food/Retail), Executive , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!