Military Adult Therapist
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: October 15, 2020
This position is located at a schools associated Keesler AFB.
Candidates must be local to Keesler AFB or willing to relocate.
Candidates must be licensed at the independent level in MS as a
Social Worker (LCSW), Therapist (LMFT), or Mental Health Counselor
Primary responsibility of providing the full breadth of MFLC
(military family life counseling) counseling services to military
service members and their families at military installations.
Services include non-medical, short-term, walk-around counseling,
training/health and wellness presentations, provision of health
fairs, and consultation to installation command regarding
behavioral health issues. Works closely with the installation and
military branch Points of Contact (POC) to assure that the program
is provided within scope and meets the needs of the
- Provides non-medical, short-term, solution focused, walk-around
counseling directly to service and family members. Services include
assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning,
referral to resources (assuring linkage as appropriate), and
follow-up as indicated.
- Delivers training and health and wellness presentations,
participates in health fairs and other base/installation activities
- Enters counselor activity data on a daily basis through smart
phone, or web application, to assure that reporting is accurate
from assigned installation, while maintaining client/service member
- Creates a presence on the installation in which the service and
family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor and
recognize the program to be confidential. Establishes and maintains
working relationships with community resources and provides
appropriate linkages for service members and their families.
Partners with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner that
addresses the needs of the installation. Develops an effective and
professional working relationship with the installation POC.
- Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge and on
demand events, and special requests as directed by the POC and
approved by the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) program
manager. Counselor will flex schedule to respond to urgent requests
- Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations
according to Department of Defense (DoD) protocol and staffs the
cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
- Communicates with Regional Supervisors and participates in
regular individual and group supervision, sharing information
regarding trends and issues on the installations to which the
counselor is assigned.
- Participates in regular in-services/training, Quality
Improvement committees or other contract activities as
assigned/appropriate.Other Job RequirementsResponsibilities
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong
familiarity with military culture and command structure; ability to
establish productive relationships with high ranking military
- Prior services as MFLC--counselor strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree from an accredited Graduate Program in a Mental
Health related field.
- Valid unrestricted counseling license from a--State, District
of Columbia, US Territory or Commonwealth that grants authority to
provide counseling services as an independent practitioner. For
assignments in the 50 states, counselors shall be licensed or
certified in the state in which the client is receiving
- A minimum one year of post licensure counseling
- Requires ability to engage and communicate with military
members or children as assigned, in order to accomplish job
functions, and to respond quickly to emergent situations in any
physical location on a military installation and/or within a school
setting, which includes the need to traverse short and/or long
distances within the base to both indoor and outdoor locations, to
maneuver through rugged, outdoor or uneven locations (e.g., steep
inclines, stairs, grass), and work in outdoor weather and other
military base conditions.
- May require travel to locations outside of a military base in a
variety of physical environments.
- Due to the nature of working on military installations or
related worksites, counselors may need to comply with various
site-specific requirements to work at designated locations. For
example, for some assignments, counselors will need to have certain
immunizations or vaccinations and provide record of receipt.
- Ability to prove US Citizenship and must be fluent in
- Understanding, sensitivity and empathy for service members and
their families. Ability to develop trusting, helping
relationships.--Ability to work effectively with individuals and
families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic
- Pass a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) Clearance and
an Installation Records Check (IRC), Criminal History Background
Check and FBI Fingerprints Check.General Job InformationWork
ExperienceClinicalEducationMasters: Behavioral Health
(Required)License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure
required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or
customer-specific requirements - Care Mgmt, Must be an
independently licensed behavioral health clinician - Care
MgmtLicense and Certifications - PreferredMagellan Health Services
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free
workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand,
comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security
controls unique to their position.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Biloxi , Military Adult Therapist, Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!