Company: Akahi Services
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Other opening in Biloxi, Mississippi. This and other rn jobs
brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
- Degree/Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience within the last 5
years working as a registered nurse.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to
practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 and able to
provide documentation of such to perform in this position except in
cases where is it is excluded by any applicable laws and/or
approved accommodations. There must be a two week period after the
last vaccination to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Provides professional nursing care to patients undergoing
surgery. Prepares and maintains operating room for all surgical
procedures. Establishes and utilizes a checklist to monitor the
physical plan of the operating room and equipment for conformity to
all national standards for ensuring safety for the patient and all
personnel. Assembles the type and quantity of material and special
equipment needed for daily procedures and possible emergencies.
Circulates for surgical procedures. Responds to surgical emergency
requirements such as cardiac, pulmonary, or respiratory failure and
hemorrhage. Provides perioperative nursing care, for all types of
patients admitted to the surgical suite for surgical intervention.
Includes elective, urgent and emergency procedures on patients of
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all
patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the
elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and
individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include
those who do not speak or understand English.
- Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient care
events and process improvement activities.
- Knowledgeable of laboratory test values.
- Skilled in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized
medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring
devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit
- Adheres to perioperative, infection control and safety policies
- Safely operates and monitors specialized therapeutic and
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates
the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality
and cost effectiveness.
- Maintains open communication lines, both interdepartmentally
and interdepartmentally, to provide for total needs of the patient.
Conducts preoperative and postoperative visits. Discusses operative
procedures with patients and informs them of what to expect during
surgery. Consults with the operating surgeon and establishes
priorities of care for each patient entering the operating suite.
Coordinates with other hospital units, which include recovery
special equipment or supplies that will be needed for the patient
returning from surgery.
- Directs and instructs personnel in preparing, sterilizing, and
caring for operating room equipment and supplies. Maintains concise
and complete records and reports. Coordinates an ongoing,
in-service education program to continually update knowledge and
skills of all assigned operating room nursing personnel.
- Provides care based upon the assessed needs of the patient in
relation to the proposed procedure.
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to
various military treatment facilities across the United States.
With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office
in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained
and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs,
Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with
quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities,
Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
For further information, please click the link below to view the
EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be
contacted for an interview.
Keywords: Akahi Services, Biloxi , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!