Registered Respiratory Therapist (Respiratory Therapy )
Company: Akahi Services
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Other opening in Biloxi, Mississippi. Schedule Duty hours will
be from 5:45am - 5:45pm or 5:45pm - 5:45am on a panama schedule.
Will be scheduled for up to 16 shifts per month. Qualifications
- Degree/Education: Associates Degree Graduate from a program
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Respiratory Care
(CoARC) or Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
- Licensure/Registration: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
by the National Board Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Certification in Addition to Basic Life Support: Possess
current certification for Advanced Life Support (ALS or Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Experience: Minimum of one year of experience as a Respiratory
Therapist within the last 36 months following graduation.
- Candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 and able to
provide documentation of such to perform in this position except in
cases where is it is excluded by any applicable laws and/or
approved accommodations. There must be a two week period after the
last vaccination to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Assists physician with transesophageal and stress
echocardiography ,and radionuclide and thallium studies.
- Operates and maintains specialized equipment to evaluate
respiratory functions, and respiratory physiology.
- Performs spirometry, flow volume loops, lung volumes, diffusion
capacities, and closing volumes.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gas samples.
- Maintains quality control of arterial blood gas machines and CO
oximeters, including proficiency testing.
- Performs broncho-provovation and exercise testing.
- Assists physician with fiberoptic bronchoscopy for diagnosis
- Under orders of a physician, administers respiratory care such
as oxygen and aerosol therapy, mechanical ventilator management,
and preparation and administration of respiratory medications.
- Assists physician within tubation and extubation procedures.
Performs endotracheal tube care. Maintains patient airway.
- Ensures bronchial hygiene through incentive spirometry and
specialized breathing instructions.
- Prepares and instructs patient to use equipment or perform
- Checks patient and equipment, and changes, cleans, and properly
- Monitors data display on physiological equipment, and obtain
and records vital signs.
- Performs cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR). AKAHI ASSOCIATES
LLC AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to
various military treatment facilities across the United States.
With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office
in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained
and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs,
Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more. We
have a strong focus on providing our government customers with
quality and superior service. Akahi Associates is an equal
opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and
Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information,
please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status. Only qualified individuals who are being considered
will be contacted for an interview.
Keywords: Akahi Services, Biloxi , Registered Respiratory Therapist (Respiratory Therapy ), Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!