Physician (Geriatrics & Extended Care)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 14, 2018
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board Certified in Geriatrics and 2 years of experience in clinical geriatric hospice and palliative care Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting (15-44 pounds), moderate carrying (15-44 pounds), reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, walking (1 hour), standing (1 hour), near vision correctable to 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20, hearing (aid permitted), emotional/mental stability, working inside and outside, working closely with others, working alone, working with hands in water, protracted or irregular hours of work, slippery or uneven walking surfaces.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Biloxi , Physician (Geriatrics & Extended Care), Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!