Company: Professional Performance Development Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 6, 2018
Emergency and Trauma opening in Biloxi, Mississippi. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have successful completed of an associate's degree or baccalaureate degree program in nursing that is nationally accredited.
- Maintain an active, valid, current and unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a registered nurse in any US state jurisdiction. A minimum of 24 months experience, as a clinical nurse, in an emergency department and/or 24 months ICU experience, within the last 36 months
- Possess and maintains current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Possess and maintains current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Possess and maintains current certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
TYPE OF WORK: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Adhere to and maintain a system of supply inventory management with unit supply custodian to ensure adequate stock levels of consumable supplies are available within the work center and clinical laboratory to minimize waste and ensure uninterrupted services.
- Practice general hospital safety, infection control, aseptic and sterile techniques for safe handling of sharps, electrical equipment, and blood or blood products, to include cleaning of work areas and equipment.
- Participate in the orientation, training, and peer review evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned ES RN personnel ensuring compliance with standards of care and practice.
- Provides emergency nursing care for emergent (Level 1), urgent (Level 2), non-urgent (Level 3, 4, 5) patients coming to the Emergency Department.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English.
- Possess/maintain proper certification and skills to perform required duties within regulatory compliance and with minimal oversight.
- Complete applicable documentation to include manual and computer methods.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use to include knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care. Including knowledge of emergency medication usage and administration.
- Assumes full responsibility of healthcare for assigned patients and ancillary personnel. Delegates tasks, directs emergency room technicians, specialty technicians, and provides counseling, guidance, and patient education.
- Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates Cardio- Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) if required. Assists medical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
- Assists with orientation and training of newly assigned and inexperienced personnel.
- Participates in in-services and continuing education programs.
- Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
- Will be oriented/trained on the use of all equipment available for patient care.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
- Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Mixes and administers prescribed medications orally, intramuscular, subcutaneously, intravenously, topically, etc., and knows contraindications of which medications may alter the effects of another medication if administered concurrently prior to the administration of said medication. Keyphrases: critical care medicine jobs, emergency room nursing jobs, emergency room nurse jobs, emergency room technician jobs, emergency room triage jobs, er nurse jobs, er tech jobs, er nursing jobs, er triage jobs, er technician jobs
Keywords: Professional Performance Development Group, Inc., Biloxi , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!