Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Urology Clinic (LPN/LVN #)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Biloxi, Mississippi.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) job in Biloxi, Mississippi.
The job is a civilian contract position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- 10 paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) Job Overview:
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction. Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by AHA
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited NLNAC or CCNE
- Licensure: Current, full, active and unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- One year of LPN/LVN nurse experience
- Computer competency (Microsoft applications, computer operations, et al) Position contingent on contract award with an anticipated late Spring start. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Biloxi , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Urology Clinic (LPN/LVN #), Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!