Registered Nurse (Hospice)
Company: Deaconess Hospice
Posted on: November 25, 2019
This is a full time position for Jackson County area . The
Registered Nurse (RN) assumes full nursing responsibility for the
delivery of the Plan of Care for each hospice patient. Continuously
evaluates personal and professional performance and makes necessary
changes to increase productivity and quality of care delivered.
Adheres to and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of
hospice in an attempt to assure quality patient care. Strives for
independence and sound critical decision-making regarding the
delivery of patient care in a cost-effective manner without
compromising quality. Develops the patients Plan of care in
collaboration with other professionals and implements treatment
strategies based on scientific nursing theory that promotes
physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Familiar with the
concepts and needs of patients / families who are facing death and
dying issues. Effective communication skills, both verbally and
written. LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for
hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health
hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services,
we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers
patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading
hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered
with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility
for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and
environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every
fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems,
appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to
hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending
physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and
family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care
techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the
patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified
needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's
ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs
supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to
assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice
assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to
Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as
appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and
recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding
patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis
indentifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining
medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients
Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when
possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator
and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adheres to and participates in the Care Management
- Any other duties as assigned.
- One year of clinical experience.
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice
- Current CPR Certification
- Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance, and access
to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Deaconess Hospice, Biloxi , Registered Nurse (Hospice), Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!