Surgical Technologist Orthopedic
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: November 28, 2019
Other opening in Biloxi, Mississippi. This and other surgical
technologist jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Maxim
Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Surgical Technologist
(Orthopedic) to provide as needed coverage services at Keesler
Medical Center at Keesler AFB in Mississippi.Maxim Employee
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and
Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable
- Education: Graduate from Surgical Technology program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
(ABHES) or completion of a formal training program provided by any
branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for
surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room
- Experience: Shall have at least 24 months experience with
hands-on orthopedic specific surgeries within the previous 36
months. • Board Certification (18.104.22.168.4): Certified as a Surgical
Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology
and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or certified as a Tech-in-Surgery
(TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or
possess a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) certification as a
surgical technician and/or operating room technician. Position
- The Contractor personnel shall provide a Surgical Technologist
(Orthopedic) for patients as scheduled by the Government.
- Screens/checks-in patients and escorts patients to treatment
- Accurately prepares room and patient for examinations,
therapeutic measures and procedures assuring all needed equipment
and supplies are available prior to the start of the exam.
- Takes/monitors/records physiological measurements.
- Triages urgent needs.
- Assists with medical treatment/diagnostic/therapeutic
procedures per treatment protocols. Assists physicians with patient
care; properly fits and applies pre-operative braces, other soft
goods; assists in preparation for and application of casts and
orthopedic appliances; changes dressings; removes sutures, casts,
- Prepares medications under the supervision of a nurse or health
- Chaperones patients.
- Assembles/maintains/operates medical/diagnostic/therapeutic
equipment. Maintains or assists with appropriate and accurate
health record storage and retrieval systems.
- Provides patient/parent education as requested. Performs or
assists with the performance of specialized testing and
examinations. Assist with routine and emergency orthopedic
- Maintains clean and well-stocked cast and soft goods room;
orders special supplies and/or equipment. Upon completion of
procedures and examinations, properly cleans and organizes room and
performs any necessary cleaning of equipment as established by
departmental policies and procedures and standards. Ensure all
equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work
shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are
performed as directed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe habits.
- Provides patients with the utmost care and attention. All
patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
Prepares all documentation to meet or exceed established standards
of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy,
content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved
abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health
record. Provides surgical patient care activities. Transports
patients, and related records to and from the OR and recovery
- Assists nursing staff with preoperative patient preparation
activities. Helps with routing medical materiel management
- Accomplishes routine safety checks and operator preventive
maintenance on fixed and moveable medical equipment and fixtures.
Performs routine and specialized housekeeping activities.
- Prepares OR for surgery by setting up and opening sterile
supplies and instruments.
- Assists anesthesia personnel with patient positioning and
anesthesia administration. Applies principles of asepsis, infection
control, and medical ethics.
- Assists with terminal cleanup of OR and prepares for follow-up
procedures. 9 Assists the circulating nurse with preparing records,
reports, and requests. Prepares specimens for transport to the
- Performs scrub duties in the Operating Room. Scrubs hands and
arms and dons sterile gown and gloves. Prepares and maintains
sterile instruments, supplies, and equipment of draped tables and
stands. Counts sponges, needles, instruments, and related items
with circulating nurse before, during, and after surgical
procedures. Assists the operative team with applying sterile drapes
to the surgical field. Passes instruments, sutures, and other
supplies to the sterile operative team. Anticipates surgeon's
needs, and provides additional assistance as directed. Cares for
surgical specimens on the sterile field. Cleans and prepares
instruments and reusable supplies for terminal sterilization and
- Performs general clinic functions. Assists specialty surgeon
during surgical and diagnostic procedures. Assembles, operates, and
maintains diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. Orders diagnostic
laboratory and radiographic procedures as directed. Performs
activities unique to specific surgical clinics.
- Attends in-service training in new procedures, techniques, and
equipment. For further information and/or to apply to this
opportunity, please contact Mallory Plotner at or email your resume
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, Biloxi , Surgical Technologist Orthopedic, Healthcare , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!