Company: RUTH S CHRIS STEAKHOUSE-BILOXI
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Get ready for the BEST JOB you ever had!Do you have a passion
for preparing the highest quality food that is delighting Guests
around the world? Are you interested in being part of a world class
team committed to promoting from within and preparing you for a
CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ruth's Chris
family and join the company that defined The American Steak House
in 1965 and continues to set the standard for quality and being a
great place to work.What We Offer: Flexible and predictable
scheduling, competitive pay, significant Team Member discounts,
competitive health and vacation benefits, an inclusive work
environment committed to diversity, structured career development,
and growth opportunities.What We Ask: Come to work each shift with
a great attitude and ready to contribute to the success of the
team, be willing to learn from your Coach how to excel at your job,
and work with us to create an environment where everyone feels
welcome and is able to experience the Sizzle that is the Ruth's
Chris experience.We are looking forward to talking with
you.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the
correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and
cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers,
service assistants, runners and bar staff from the Manager-on-Duty.
Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
- Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the
hostess/host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
- Assists the Manager-on-Duty in planning reservations and
assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or
- Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous
manner. Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving Guests, obtains
Guests' names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the
appropriate waiting areas.
- Escorts Guests to their assigned table, to all Guests.
- Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating,
anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating
- Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly
maintains the "wait" list.
- Informs Manager-on-Duty when waiting times are running over
times quoted to our guests.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hostess/host
stand and lobby area throughout the shift.
- Monitors and enforces social distancing requirements in waiting
areas as dictated by state and local social distancing
- Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations
where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any
aspect of the dining experience.
- Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to
- Answers phone to take orders from Take Out and Delivery
- Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by
Take Out Guests.
- Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner or kitchen staff,
checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
- Correctly presents the Take Out Guest check and coordinates
payment for all food and beverages sold with Bartender.
- Addresses any Take Out Guest complaints.
- Completes all closing duties in a timely manner.
- Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and
sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
- Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a
seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards
and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet -
- Additional duties as assigned.COMPETENCIES/PERSONAL
CHARACTERISTICS:Guest First Mindset
- Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on
the Guest experience
- Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine
interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for
all GuestsJOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and
people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
- Handle stress associated with responding to/solving
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time,
at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand communication in
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares
and equipment) at a minimum of 25 pounds
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel,
stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen
- Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally
operate the telephone and use point-of-sale equipment)WORK
- Work is performed in a restaurant
- Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and
holidays, as required
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises
from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and
- Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree
Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree
FahrenheitNOTE: The information here does not constitute a
contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not
all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris
Steak House is an Equal Opportunity employer.Job Types: Full-time,
Part-timePay: $10.00 - $14.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurancePhysical Setting:
- Fine dining restaurantWork Location: One location
Keywords: RUTH S CHRIS STEAKHOUSE-BILOXI, Biloxi , Host/Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!