Designer - Outerwear
Company: Lands' End
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Designer of Outerwear at Lands' End is responsible for
designing and developing our outerwear by interpreting concepts
into finished product. This includes developing themes, color,
fabrication, and silhouettes for the upcoming season as well as
working with mills to develop original textures and patterns. Other
responsibilities include the development of presentation boards and
presenting lines in concept meetings. They would also conduct raw
material research, market research, flat sketches and fashion
illustration, detailed specs, and fabric/trim research and
allocations. This person would be responsible for developing and
coaching associate and assistant designers as well as building and
developing relationships with cross functional and cross divisional
partners. They would collaborate with Merchandising and Sourcing to
achieve production execution. This person will also be responsible
for following the Lands' End design direction; adapting their
design ideas into product that serves the Lands' End customer and
drives the Lands' End brand.
**Successful candidates will have the following knowledge, skills
- 5-7 years of related experience in accessories and a degree in
- A thorough understanding of textile construction, color and
- Ability to do flat drawings/sketches for design prototypes.
- Able to interpret trends and translate them to our customer.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work on multiple
projects at one time.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in adobe suite and IPLM.
- Travel is required.
Keywords: Lands' End, Biloxi , Designer - Outerwear, Other , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!