Posted on: January 17, 2023
Accountable for purchasing duties and multiple support roles for
other departments as necessary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for vendor inquiries and vendor communication
* Responsible for assisting in daily orders within our company
* Help maintain inventory delivery records using purchase order and
* Assist in vendor setup and subsequent information entries into
vendor files as needed
* Troubleshoot invoicing issues and/or pricing variances based on
current bids provided by vendors
* Ensure the safety and security of proprietary bids and/or pricing
provided by vendors for best pricing practices
* Help to ensure bids are formatted and input correctly on
* Monitor work order app designed to help the flow of services to
hotel and casino when needed/requested
* Assist in inputting purchase requisitions into software program
when necessary to ensure the flow of goods needed for multiple
* Act as a liaison between the vendors and multiple departments to
ensure that all needs for goods/services are met in a timely
manner, and as efficiently as possible to safeguard the company's
* Work closely with receiving department to handle any issues that
may arise daily with deliveries and/or invoicing issues
* Assist the inventory department with adjustments/item creation,
etc. on a monthly basis
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to work a steady schedule of 40 hours per week is
* Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere
that makes our internal customers feel comfortable, appreciated,
* Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment
of position responsibilities to play a role in the achievement of
* Must present an image of excitement and enthusiasm, while being
able to project a professional appearance and demeanor
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills,
with the emphasis on communication
* Display strong work ethic and teamwork.
* Must be able to multi-task and take on an ever-expanding role
within the department
* Strong oral and written communicator
* Previous food & beverage knowledge, or a working knowledge of
food terminology and maintenance terminology
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* A high school diploma or equivalent
* Food and beverage knowledge is a plus
* Communication and problem resolution experience is a key
* Excel and Outlook, computer skills are needed
* Telephone use
* Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add,
subtract, multiply and divide specific to position
* Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with team members and
management in English, specific to position duties and
* Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties
and responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions, duties, and responsibilities.
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit
* Operate a computer and other office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
duties and responsibilities of this position.
* The working conditions are those typically found in an indoor,
climate-controlled office environment.
* Occasional exposure to a casino environment which includes
exposure to gaming related environmental factors including, but not
limited to, secondhand smoke, excessive noise, high volume
guest/employee contact in a fast-paced, continuously evolving
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
requirements, and skills. Leadership reserves the right to revise
the job or to require that different tasks be performed, as
Keywords: Landry's, Biloxi , Purchasing Assistant, Other , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!