Restaurant Chef Terrace Cafe & In Room Dining - Beau Rivage
Company: MGM Resorts International
Posted on: June 5, 2019
Location: Biloxi, Mississippi POSITION SUMMARY: Oversee all food
preparation and kitchen service in Restaurant. Responsible for the
normal flow of operations on every work shift. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Monitors overtime, staff motivation.
- Oversees product consistency and make necessary modifications
according to business needs.
- Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes
leftovers, and ensures proper rotation and quality control.
- Monitors training of new employees to help them achieve higher
- Monitors and enforces Company & departmental safety policies
and Health Department standards and all other applicable.
- Responsible for various clerical duties regarding staff and
kitchen operations, i.e. payroll and staff files, vacation
- Responsible for monitoring food cost for their outlet and order
of all food products.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness and
equipment maintenance of their areas.
- Oversees all kitchen-related activities pertaining to the
normal operation of the restaurant, menu & staff.
- Creates new daily specials and soups.
- Coordinates service of food with Room Service.
- Achieves all Service, Financial and Human Resource goals set
forth by the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Must be able to do any requirements for the following jobs -
Sous Chef, Cook, Pantry Person, Pantry (Food Prep) Helper.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts or
related field and six years high volume cooking experience or an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Assistant Chef experience required. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Assistant Chef experience required.
- Math and computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen equipment and good knife
- Must possess good recall and memory
- Must be able to speak, read and write English PHYSICAL DEMAND:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently standing, walking, listening, speaking and
- Frequently walking distances of 10 to 30 ft., between various
areas of department. Frequently walking distances up to 300
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, and eye-hand
coordination, reaching, twisting and balancing.
- Frequently lifting 55lbs. Occasionally carrying, pushing, and
pulling up to 1200 lbs. WORKING CONDITIONS: Work performed in
climate-controlled environment with occasional hot and cold
temperature changes . Employee will be required to stand on
concrete floors, tiles/mats and walk on uneven or wet surfaces.
Employee will be exposed to food odors, k nives, and mechanical
kitchen equipment . The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK SCHEDULE/HOURS: Regular scheduled hours. Must be flexible if
needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
Keywords: MGM Resorts International, Biloxi , Restaurant Chef Terrace Cafe & In Room Dining - Beau Rivage, Other , Biloxi, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!